Rice is a great side dish for just about any meal. Most often making rice can be a daunting task if you have not yet perfected creating fluffy thoroughly cooked rice in a pan on the stove. Rice can literally be a headache and no one wants undercooked or dried out rice. So naturally we turn to the best rice cooker. The perfection of easy made rice without all the hassle of stove. There are so many wonderful flavors you can make with a rice cooker and here are five tips to get you started.
- Measure Correctly: Always make sure that no matter the type of rice you measure out the rice and water correctly. For example, different types of rice need different amounts of water. The four main types of rice are white (long grain), white (medium grain), white (short grain), and brown (long grain).
- Long grain white rice must have 1 and ¾ cups of water for every 1 cup of rice.
- Medium grain white rice must have 1 and ½ cups of water for every 1 cup of rice.
- Short grain white rice must have 1 and ¼ cups of water for every 1 cup of rice.
- Long grain brown rice must have 2 and ¼ cups of water for every 1 cup of rice.
- Rising and soaking your rice are a preference to some that may enhance the rice. Rinsing involves a mesh bowl and the water can be ran through the rice as you move the rice around or you may place the rice in pot or bowl put some water in move rice around then drain. Soaking rice is as easy as it sounds. Put rice in a bowl cover the rice with water and let soak for 15-30 minutes.
- Adding the flavor of your choice can make any rice adapt to any type of meal. Be careful though what else you think to put in the rice cooker as they are not meant to cook everything and may affect the rice.
- Depending on the rice cooker, pay special attention to directions to ensure you know what setting is necessary for what type of rice, and how much rice you are cooking. Of course there is a limit with every cooker to how much can be made at a time, so you do not want to attempt to go over that.
- Keep rice cooker lid closed until you are ready to serve to keep your rice from getting dried out or cold. Always use plastic utensils for safety and be careful when opening the lid.
Making a quick rice meal for your family just got even better with your rice cooker. After rice is complete add it to any dish for a filling and flavorful taste. Always remember to clean your rice cooker properly as not to contaminate food in the future and not to ruin the technology within it and Happy Eating to You!